Just around the corner is Casual Connect Asia 2016! This year, the conference will be held 17-19th of May, 2016. Come to the picturesque Hard Rock Hotel Singapore at Resorts World Sentosa Island. At Casual Connect, the most creative and innovative minds in the gaming industry will be featured. The CGA staff has worked hard to ensure an enriching experience for the attendees. There is something for everyone whether you are a seasoned entrepreneur or a budding indie developer. Tracks at Casual Connect Asia include:
- Industry Insights (Featured on Day 1): The industry is ever evolving. This track will give you a glimpse into the inner workings and recent trends. Learn to create strong strategies with a global reach and localization.
- Market Navigation (Featured on Day 2): New adventures await in gaming with data from regional and global problem-solvers. Navigate new routes to success and discover new connections to help you get there.
- Design & Development (Featured on Day 1, 2 and 3): Explore the art of making games and learn about what it takes to succeed including hard lessons learned by professionals along the way.
- Growth (Featured on Day 1 and 2): Seep in the wisdom from new and established companies who are expanding. Understand the ins and outs of funding and distribution.
- Social Gaming (Featured on Day 3): The growing success of social gaming is hard not to get excited about. See how you can dip into this pool of possibilities.
- Global & Emerging Markets (Featured on Day 3): If you need a foothold in a new market, inspiration can be found here.
It is All about the Pros
Sit at the knee of game developers and other professionals in the game industry that have much wisdom to impart. Learn from some of the best in candid sessions about the way well known professionals have done it like these:
- Teut Weidemann of I Teut You So
- Sean Lee of Fincon
- Atsuo Nakayama of Bandai Namco
- Gary Huang of NetEase
- Mario Wynands of PikPok
- James Kosta of Signia Venture Partners
- Masahiko Honma of Incubate Fund
- Andy Zhong of FunPlus
- Ian Gregory of Witching Hour Studios
- Jakob Lykkegaard Pedersen of Playlab
- Shannon Chang of Linekong
- Taewon Yun of Super Evil Megacorp
The Fun Kicks Off Early
The phenomenal networking starts off with the Badge Pickup Party hosted by METAPS at the Hard Rock Hotel Singapore on Monday the 16th of May from 18:00 – 20:00. Your badge is your ticket into everything affiliated with the conference including the parties. On Tuesday the 17th of May from 19:00-22:00, the Exclusive Casual Connect Party at the Maritime Experiential Museum is a promenade party that you should not miss. The following night, sing and dance with SOFTLAYER at Shanghai Dolly from 18:00-22:00. Dinner starts at 18:00 and drinks are available starting at 19:00. Keep the fun going at the after-party at Club Bang Bang from 23:00 to 01:00.
The fun and networking does not stop there. The popular Indie Prize scholarship program from Casual Connect has some exciting participants from 45 countries. Try your hand at these innovative games and please don’t forget to vote! There will be a Indie Prize awards ceremony sponsored by EPAM on Thursday the 19th of May from 13:00 to 14:00.
Workshops and more
On the third day of the conference, dive into 3D game development with Andy Hess, Evangelist and Luis Cataldi, Educational Evangelist of Epic Games as they conduct a four hour long Tutorial Workshop about the basics of Unreal Engine including: UI, terminology, conventions, content management, and learning resources. They will also highlight VR design and performance issues.
Another notable event is on Day 1 at 12:00 in Lecture Hall 1. The Gaming Top Talent Audition is hosted by IPC Ventures and features the chance to win compelling prizes such as funding and publishing deals. Competitors also have the opportunity to benefit from powerful PR via YouTube and Twitch channels. For more information go to www.gamingtoptalent.com.
Check out live streaming for all three days which will feature exclusive interviews with indie developers and indie games coverage on Casual Connect’s Twitch channel.
Emily Baker is the Production Supervisor for www.gamesauce.biz. Emily loves learning about cultures, taking care of her hobby farm and spending time with her two kiddos.