by Cynthia Tee, VP of Product, PlayFab
Successful game studios recognize and embrace the idea that games have evolved. Today’s popular games are operated as services that evolve and grow over time with new content, live events, and frequent updates. To be successful over the long term, games need to understand and segment their players, develop deep relationships, and to understand and meet the needs of multiple player segments – in other words, to excel at liveops.
This January 16th, PlayFab will be partnering with Casual Connect USA 2018 to host LiveOps Connect. This is an opportunity to hear top liveops practitioners share battlefield stories and their hard-won knowledge on critical topics including running successful live events, monetization through ads and in-game commerce, customer acquisition, analytics, A/B testing, and content.
Liveops – Tactics From the Trenches
The sessions feature speakers with highly relevant experience, who can help you level up your liveops game.
- James Gwertzman, Founder and CEO of PlayFab, will kick off the day by sharing best practices drawn from the more than 600 million game installs since PlayFab’s launch.
- Scott Humphries, Head of Product Development, Amber will give a talk on how Amber optimizes games for liveops, with a focus on running limited-time events, game balancing and monetization design
- Drew Levin, Lead Product Manager at Kongregate, will analyze how Kongregate has successfully used limited time events to drive engagement and monetization for idle games
- Oliver Loeffler and Julian Erhardt, Co-Founder and CEO and Developer at Fluffy Fairy Games, will speak on how Idle Miner Tycoon uses frequent app updates to increase player engagement and retention, maintain stability, and drive satisfaction.
- Digital Owl Founder and President Kimberly Rodatos will give a talk on the ins and outs of liveops for PC and console games, highlighting the winning tactics for this segment of the market.
- Jeroen Bouwman, CEO of GetSocial, will dive into how to architect social into your game design.
- WildWorks Lead Developer Paul Milham will discuss the importance of moderation and how to use it to keep your users safe – while operating at scale.
- James Ahn, INKA Entworks Founder and CEO, will give a technical talk on the risks and impacts of hacking in games, and how you can prevent it.
Three Unmissable Days of Learning and Networking
Casual Connect 2018 will take place at the Disneyland® Hotel on January 16-18. Attendees will benefit from the conference’s 15 learning tracks and workshops, mentorship opportunities, and three major attendees-only networking parties as well as a free, unlimited-use meeting system helping attendees find potential partners and colleagues based on skills and interests. Casual Connect’s Indie Prize Showcase gives hundreds of developers the chance to show off their work and compete for prizes, while attendees get a chance to discover and play their work.